Although some property managers feel that social media campaigns are a waste of resources, for others it turns out to be a major catalyst for their business’s expansion. The paradox can be solved by understanding the purpose of using social media.
Why a property manager would want to use social media?
A property manager is hardly going to get a client referral from Twitter or Facebook. For those who advocate branding as the purpose of a social media campaign hardly benefit from strong online presence. Then what is it that makes it important for property managers to use social networks like Twitter or Facebook?
Social media is not just about branding your business. It is more about strong communication with your clients, the sharing of information, and building relationships. When a property manager starts some social media activity, it is possible to connect with owners, residents, tenants and potential clients. It helps and keeps everyone in the loop.
Benefits of using social media for property managers
Gain a competitive advantage
You don't need a huge budget to having social media presence. It just needs few minutes every day. You will be gaining a massive advantage over your competitors once you start some social media activities. The good thing about social media marketing is that you can gain competitive advantage irrespective of size of your company.
Market your business
Social media gives you the opportunity to market your business. You will be directly communicating with current and future clients. You will be marketing your business to them even if you are only "communicating" and not "selling". Facebook and Twitter are great for spreading the word about your business without actually selling anything.
Provide quick customer service
A property manager using social media will be able to interact with its customers by listening and replying to their concerns and questions in the real-time. With social media networks like Twitter and Facebook, property managers can easily provide speedy customer service as well as help and advice to those in need.
Social media is great for sharing information. You, as a property manager, can share information on the latest to laws, industry news, and advice on industry topics. Sharing information is one of the best ways to socialize with people. You will be able to improve the credibility of your business just by sharing valuable information to those who need it.
Tips for property managers to get the best results from using social media
- You don’t have to spend your entire day or evening communicating with your followers. Keep it simple. Only spend the time you really want to spend socializing. Set up various alerts so you are notified automatically when someone contacts you directly.
- Always share authentic information. If you are sharing some news, always provide a link to newspaper or official online resource for that article. Credit others.
- Don’t be salesy - try to build referrals rather than customers. To get the best results, focus on creating relationships with your followers.
- Post updates often. Keep your content fresh and current at all times.
- Always analyze your activities. Monitor traffic coming from Twitter and Facebook to your website. Analyze your conversion rates, time spent on your website, and the most valuable content.